What is this
The Hero Score is a player’s score defined by the amount of Hero Crowns they possess. These crowns are gained or lost after every game played in the Diamond and the Heroes league.
The new Hero Score is computed from the former Hero Score with the following formula:
As of May 2021, losses are limited to -10 Hero Crowns and gains are at least of 5 Hero Crowns.
Here are the terms:
- S’A is the new Hero Score
- SA is the current Hero Score
- K is the coefficient factor (sometimes named “K-factor” in elo rating systems) and works like in FIDE:
- K = 40 for players until they have been in 30 matches in Diamond and then 30 matches in Heroes League*
- K = 20 for players rated below 2400
- K = 10 for players who ever reached 2400 during the current season, regardless of their current Hero Score
- W is either 1 in case of a win, 0 for a loss
- SB is the opponent’s score; the difference between SA and SB is capped to 400 to avoid causing too much fluctuations in case of uneven matchmaking
Given a current Hero Score of 1000 (with a coefficient of 20), and having lost against an opponent with a Hero Score of 1000, your new Hero Score is estimated to be: