Weekly Card Contest
The following is a collection of all of the information to participate and/or vote in the weekly card competitions. Would you have any questions or want to be a judge, feel free to message @TaKo_G#0373 on the Stormbound Discord .
Breaking any of the rules from this page will result in your current submission being deemed invalid. If you change your submission by revisiting the form, it will once again be considered valid provided it doesn’t break any other rule.
The ability must be different from the previous one (or the art changed if the original was revealed without revealing the ability) in order to be considered valid.
Creating your card
It is highly recommended that you use the card builder to create your cards, as it closely resembles what your card would look like in the game. It also allows you to copy and paste a link to the card which is required to submit it for the competition.
When doing so, please use the “Share card” button. Make sure to select “Link only” in the “What to copy” field so it does not include the card stats as only the link is needed for the submission.
If you do not use the card builder to create your submission, you can upload your image to a hosting website such as imgur and share that link instead.
Submitting your card
Submissions should be in the form of a link to the card builder or to an image of your card on a hosting service such as imgur. The form will not allow submissions of other types because they do not always work. If you are submitting from your phone: do not copy and paste a link from your pictures folder/album, it will not load and you will be disqualified unless you update your submission.
You are only allowed one submission per week. However, you can edit your submission as many times as you like before the cutoff time. If you want to update the text, art or stats, you only need to reopen the form and it should allow you to edit your submission there. Alternatively, you can send a link to your updated card and send it to me on Discord (@TaKo_G#0373).
Submissions can be made as soon as the week’s theme is announced (every Sunday) until Friday at 11:59pm (23:59) CDT. Please note that the cutoff time may not be midnight in your timezone, so it’s always suggested to make your submission early. I will send a reminder when you have 24 hours and 12 hours left to submit. The following day, the judges will decide on the top 3 cards of the week.
After the top cards of the week are decided, a community vote will open up to decide the ultimate winner. Community voting will begin on Sunday when the next week’s theme is announced and last for 24 hours. The winner will be announced on Monday.
Rewards will be given out to the winners each week (on Monday or soon after) as follows:
- The community-voted ultimate winner will be awarded 50 rubies.
- The runners-up as selected by the judges will be awarded 25 rubies.
Becoming a judge
If you want to be a judge, just message me on Discord (@TaKo_G#0373). You’ll be expected to judge several cards at the end of the week. If we are full of judges, I can add you to a queue and you can judge in the following week.
- Card submissions must be made by Friday 11:59 pm (23:59) CDT.
- Card submissions must adhere to the weekly theme. Cards that do not follow the theme will not be considered for voting, no matter how cool they may be.
- Mixing unit types from different factions is allowed. A Swarm frostling or an Ironclad raven are totally acceptable.
- Card art does not need to be present for submissions, and does not need to be original artwork. You are allowed to use any image as long as it is appropriate. You know exactly what appropriate means.
- Only 1 card may be submitted per person, unless otherwise specified by the weekly rules/theme. Submissions can be edited before the deadline by revisiting the form.
- A secondary card may be submitted alongside the first but it must be a token card created by the primary card, the same way Qordia’s nests are not collectible cards.
- Judges are not allowed to compete in the competition and should refrain from helping the contestants with their cards.
- Cards do not need all of their values filled. If you do not know what value would best suit the card, a variable (like ∆) is always fine.
- Cards should not be shown to people other than judges until after the voting is over. This is to remove bias during the community voting round. If you made a custom artwork, please do not share that either.