Hello Stormbounders! A new version of Stormbound is coming early April, bringing balance changes, new cards, new avatars, some UI improvements and some exclusive offers as usual!
While I have your attention, please wear a mask and avoid unnecessary travels—especially if you live in an area with rampant COVID-19 cases. It takes everyone’s effort to slow down this pandemic. Do the right thing. 🙏
This release, like any other, brings some balance changes.
- Collector Mirz no longer has movement (down from 1).
- Excited Mousers now cost 3 mana (down from 5) and have 3/4/5/6/7 strength (down from 5/6/7/9/11).
- Ubass the Hunter’s ability now only considers each unique surrounding primary unit types. For instance, Faithless Prophets would be considered Ravens only in such case, not Elders. Prime Oracle Bragda is treated as an Elder only, not a Hero.
As usual, some compensation in the form of coins and fusion stones will be provided to owners of nerfed cards, proportional to the level and rarity of the card. Find below the compensation values for each rarity and level.
- Common card: 10 coins at level 2, 20 coins and 1 fusion stone at level 3, 50 coins and 2 fusion stones at level 4, 120 coins and 5 fusion stones at level 5.
- Rare card: 15 coins and 2 fusion stones at level 2, 30 coins and 3 fusion stones at level 3, 90 coins and 7 fusion stones at level 4, 190 coins and 10 fusion stones at level 5.
- Epic card: 15 coins and 2 fusion stones at level 2, 40 coins and 5 fusion stones at level 3, 120 coins and 10 fusion stones at level 4, 250 coins and 20 fusion stones at level 5.
- Legendary card: 1 fusion stone at level 1, 20 coins and 5 fusion stones at level 2, 50 coins and 10 fusion stones at level 3, 150 coins and 20 fusion stones at level 4, 300 coins and 50 fusion stones at level 5.
Yet another temple will make its entrance in April, the Temple of Life, a new rare structure from Winterpact.
At the start of your turn, vitalize 2 surrounding friendly units
At the start of your turn, vitalize 3 surrounding friendly units
At the start of your turn, vitalize 4 surrounding friendly units
At the start of your turn, vitalize 5 surrounding friendly units
At the start of your turn, vitalize 6 surrounding friendly units
As usual, there will be an exclusive pack to quickly get access to some copies of the new card between April 9th and April 16th.
It will cost $9.99, and will grant the following: 5 copies of Temple of Life, 5 fusion stones and 750 coins.
Heroes League improvements
It was to be expected that the new Heroes League would not be the perfect system from the get go. We are committed to make it better, and are ready to bring first improvements.
The main pain-points we collected were the following:
- There are not enough players to play with in the Heroes League, particularly at the start of a new season.
- The matchmaking often felt unfair and uneven.
- The Hero Crowns gains and losses after a battle often felt too high.
As a result, here are the changes we are about to implement to hopefully make things better:
- Because players currently in Heroes League will be downranked to Diamond instead of Platinum, we expect the Heroes League to fill up quicker than in its first month, hopefully minimizing the empty queues’ issue.
- We are revisiting the way matchmaking works in order to make battles more balanced. The Hero Crowns will be used to match players in Heroes League, and players’ league and cards level within their played deck will be taken into account in any other league.
As a result, we hope to build a system where gold farmers are more likely to be matched with other gold farmers instead of people who are trying to climb. Additionally, the difference in Hero Crowns in Heroes League matches should be lower.
- When a Heroes League player gets matched with a Diamond player, the Diamond’s player amount of Hero Crowns is assumed to be 1000. This should decrease the Hero Crowns losses/gains in such matches.
We hope these improvements are enough to make the Heroes League more enjoyable to everyone. In any case, we are going to analyze data and listen to your feedback within the next few weeks to see how it feels. We have a few other improvement ideas if needed.
Similar to what happened in November, the Brawl starting on April 1st (and only that one) is going to be cheaper. All fight will cost 50% of their original price.
Here are the adjusted values for every milestone:
|Required crowns||Cost per match||Reward once reached|
|10 crowns||0 coins (0)||1 Humble Book|
|20 crowns||10 coins (-10)||5 rubies|
|35 crowns||25 coins (-25)||1 Classic Tome|
|50 crowns||50 coins (-50)||10 fusion stones|
|70 crowns||75 coins (-75)||1 Mythic Tome|
|95 crowns||100 coins (-100)||1 legendary card|
|125 crowns||125 coins (-125)||50 fusion stones|
|160 crowns||150 coins (-150)||250 rubies|
|200 crowns||200 coins (-200)||5 legendary cards|
|250 crowns||250 coins (-250)||200 fusion stones|
To calculate how far you can go with a given amount of coins, or how much it will cost you to reach a certain milestone, be sure to use the Brawl calculator. It makes it possible to define a certain Brawl discount as well.
As usual, exclusive packs will be available from April 1st until April 5th:
- Ament pack ($9.99): 3 Mythic Tomes, 2 Heroic Tomes, 1 Classic Tome and 500 coins
- Helpful Bunny pack ($19.99): 20 rare cards, 15 epic cards and 10 legendary cards
- Easter Edrik pack ($49.99): 650 rubies and 6,500 coins
On top of that, all rubies offer will grant additional rubies between April 1st and April 5th (end of day), respectively +5%, +10%, +15%, +25% and +50% rubies.
New login system
This has been a loooong time coming, but we are finally about to have a new login system. It’s not quite done yet, but we are hoping to see it live some time during the month of April.
The new system will let people sign in with their Google account or Apple ID. It will be possible to merge your Kongregate account to your new account (and vice verse). As a result, new players will no longer have to create a Kongregate account.
We are currently considering beta-testers who will be thanked with in-game rewards at the end of the program. If you would like to volunteer, please send a message in #login-testing on Discord . Kindly mention the device you use, the country you live in and your player ID. We can only onboard a few people, so we won’t take everyone.
Quality of Life improvements
This release will also bring quite some quality of life improvements. In no particular order, I feel like it is worth mentioning:
- There will be a way to sort the friends list.
- Tapping a player’s ID will copy it to the clipboard.
- The Ancient Token’s image and 3D model will be renewed.
- The Diamond 1 cap preventing to fall down the rank has been removed.
- When is the update going to be released?
The balance changes will be up with the season reset as always. The exclusive packs will be available between April 1st and April 5th. The Temple of Life pack will be available for a week starting April 9th.
- Will there be a daily check-in calendar in April?
Yes! The daily check-in calendar will be extended in April, just like it did in March. Still $4.99 to boost to Premium.