It’s spooky season, and Sheepyard is releasing a small update. The situation with Apple has been resolved and the Halloween event can finally start! Find below all the goodness scheduled for this release!
The issue with Apple validation of the app has been brought up again and has caused issue with the season reset and the update—both of which did not happen on time. As a result, the Halloween event is once again delayed, and while we know that Halloween was yesterday, we unfortunately could not influence this to make it go live on time.
We will run an hour long maintenance on November 1st at 12pm CET (10am UTC) in order to set everything up manually. After the upcoming maintenance, the new season will start (with chests as expected). Additionally, the balance changes will be live (with freeze, just without the new animations on iOS).
Anyone logging into the game at least once between November 1st and November 15th will be granted 30 rubies. Happy Halloween! 🎃
Continuing with their pledge to balance cards regularly, Sheepyard makes no exception of this release. On the menu today: some love for forgotten cards, and a nerf of Rain of Frogs.
- Rain of Frogs now costs 3/2/2/2/2 (from 3/3/2/2/1). As a result, the amount of spawned toads is adjusted 4/4/4-5/5/6 (from 4/5/5/6/6).
- Rogue Sheep now costs 6 mana at all levels (down from 7).
- Broodmother Qordia now costs 6 mana at all levels (down from 7).
- Eloth the Ignited now moves forward if it kills the pushed unit.
- Personal Servers now cost 3 mana at all levels (down from 4). As a result, their strength is reduced by 1 (from 2/2/3/3/4 to 1/2/2/3/3) and their ability is adjusted (from 2/3/3/4/4 to 2/2/3/3/4).
- Icicle Burst now can freeze a unit instead of dealing damage if it is not frozen yet.
As usual, some compensation in the form of coins and fusion stones will be provided to owners of Rain of Frogs, proportional to the level and rarity of the card. Find below the compensation values for each rarity and level.
- Epic card: 15 coins and 2 fusion stones at level 2, 40 coins and 5 fusion stones at level 3, 120 coins and 10 fusion stones at level 4, 250 coins and 20 fusion stones at level 5.
Updated freeze mechanic
As hinted before, the freeze mechanic is being reworked. Until now, a frozen unit would simply skip its moving phase at the beginning of its next turn. That remains the case, however it also temporarily loses its Death Trigger Effect and its Survive Trigger Effect.
That means freezing is no longer solely used to slow down the enemy, but can be used to avoid side-effects of attacking a unit, such as the elders’ abilities or ‘on death’ effects.
New Ancient race
Originally announced as “Bisanu”, later renamed “Stoic Protectors”, the new Ancient card will finally be available from November 1st and will bring a whole new concept into the game through the “Ancient” race.
On play, Stoic Protectors effectively disable the ability of bordering/surrounding units (depending on level). This effect is permanent, lasting until the unit dies, and cannot be canceled. It only works on units and cannot be used to disable structures. This peculiar property makes Stoic Protectors another pretty effective counter to elders.
On play, disable up to 1 bordering enemy unit’s ability
On play, disable up to 2 bordering enemy units’ ability
On play, disable up to 2 surrounding enemy units’ ability
On play, disable up to 3 surrounding enemy units’ ability
On play, disable up to 4 surrounding enemy units’ ability
Similar to what happened for the third anniversary, the Brawl starting on November 5th (and only that one) is going to be cheaper. All fight will cost 50% of their original price.
Here are the adjusted values for every milestone:
|Required crowns||Cost per match||Reward once reached|
|10 crowns||0 coins (0)||1 Humble Book|
|20 crowns||10 coins (-10)||5 rubies|
|35 crowns||25 coins (-25)||1 Classic Tome|
|50 crowns||50 coins (-50)||10 fusion stones|
|70 crowns||75 coins (-75)||1 Mythic Tome|
|95 crowns||100 coins (-100)||1 legendary card|
|125 crowns||125 coins (-125)||50 fusion stones|
|160 crowns||150 coins (-150)||250 rubies|
|200 crowns||200 coins (-200)||5 legendary cards|
|250 crowns||250 coins (-250)||200 fusion stones|
To calculate how far you can go with a given amount of coins, or how much it will cost you to reach a certain milestone, be sure to use the Brawl calculator. It makes it possible to define a certain Brawl discount as well.
Halloween event means exclusive promotion packs and offers. Quite a few options as always:
- The Stoic Protectors pack: 3 copies of Stoic Protectors, 5 fusion stones and 750 coins. This one-time $9.99 pack will be available between November 1st and November 8th.
- The Trick or Treat bundle: 6 Mythic Tomes, 6 Heroic Tomes and 6 Classic Tomes. This one-time bundle $29.99 will be available between November 1st and November 15th.
- There will be some special weekly and monthly vanishing packs available throughout the month of November.
- All coin and ruby bundles will yield +20% more resources between November 1st and November 15th.
- When will the release be available?
The release will be ready on November 1st, from 10AM UTC (so a little later than the usual season reset due to the unforeseen issues with Apple). Unfortunately, Stoic Protectors will not be available just yet and will be delayed until the Apple situation is fully resolved. No ETA yet.
- How long will the event last?
The Stoic Protector’s pack will be available until November 8th. The Trick of Treat offer and the coin/ruby packs’ boost will be available until November 15th. The extra weekly and monthly vanishing packs will be available all throughout November.